E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel & Fax : +86(0755) 3688 1774
Dr. Huang is interested in the areas of environmental applications and implications of nanotechnology, including applying engineered nanomaterials (ENMs) for environmental decontamination, characterizing the interaction between ENMs and soil, water and plants, targeted and efficient delivery of nano-enabled fertilizers and nutrients, and developing novel approach to evaluate the potential implications of ENMs to ecosystems.
Ph.D. in Environmental Science and Management, Bren School of Environmental Science & Management, University of California Santa Barbara, 2011-2015
B.S. in Department of Chemical Engineering, Tsinghua University, 2007-2011
2016-2018, Associate Specialist, University of California Santa Barbara
For a complete list of publications, see google scholar:https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=ryzo0d4AAAAJ&hl=en
1. Huang, Y.; Li, W.; Minakova, A. S.; Anumol, T.; Keller, A. A., Quantitative analysis of changes in amino acids levels for cucumber (Cucumis sativus) exposed to nano copper. NanoImpact 2018, 12, 9-17. DOI: 10.1016/j.impact.2018.08.008
2. Huang, Y.; Adeleye, A. S.; Zhao, L.; Minakova, A. S.; Anumol, T.; Keller, A. A., Antioxidant response of cucumber (Cucumis sativus) exposed to nano copper pesticide: Quantitative determination via LC-MS/MS. Food Chem. 2019, 270, 47-52. DOI: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2018.07.069
3. Keller, A. A.; Huang, Y.*; Nelson, J., Detection of nanoparticles in edible plant tissues exposed to nano-copper using single-particle ICP-MS. Journal of Nanoparticle Research 2018, 20 (4), 101. DOI: 10.1007/s11051-018-4192-8.
4. Huang, Y.; Zhao, L.; Keller, A. A., Interactions, Transformations and Bioavailability of Nano-Copper Exposed to Root Exudates. Environ. Sci. Technol. 2017,51 (17), 9774-9783. DOI: 10.1021/acs.est.7b02523.
5. Huang, Y.; Keller, A. A., Isothermal titration microcalorimetry to determine the thermodynamics of metal ion removal by magnetic nanoparticle sorbents. Environ. Sci.: Nano 2016,3 (5), 1206-1214.DOI: 10.1039/C6EN00227G.
6. Huang, Y.; Fulton, A. N.; Keller, A. A., Simultaneous removal of PAHs and metal contaminants from water using magnetic nanoparticle adsorbents. Sci. Total Environ. 2016,571, 1029-36.DOI:10.1016/j.scitotenv.2016.07.093.
7. Huang, Y.; Keller, A. A., Design and application of magnetic-core composite nano/micro particles for environmental remediation. In Rational Design of Next-Generation Nanomaterials and Nanodevices for Water Applications, Wang, P., Ed. International Water Association Publishing: 2016, 10.2166/9781780406862pp 17-36.
8. Huang, Y.; Fulton, A. N.; Keller, A. A., Optimization of porous structure of superparamagnetic nanoparticle adsorbents for higher and faster removal of emerging organic contaminants and PAHs. Environmental Science: Water Research & Technology 2016,2 (3), 521-528.DOI:10.1039/C6EW00066E.
9. Huang, Y.; Keller, A. A., EDTA functionalized magnetic nanoparticle sorbents for cadmium and lead contaminated water treatment. Water Research 2015,80, 159-68.DOI:10.1016/j.cej.2015.10.105.
10. Huang, Y.; Yang, J.-K.; Keller, A. A., Removal of Arsenic and Phosphate from Aqueous Solution by Metal (Hydr-)oxide Coated Sand. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering 2014,2 (5), 1128-1138.DOI:10.1021/sc400484s.
11. Huang, Y.; Keller, A. A., Magnetic Nanoparticle Adsorbents for Emerging Organic Contaminants. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering 2013,1 (7), 731-736. DOI: 10.1021/sc400047q.
12. Zhang, H.; Huang, Y.; Gu, J.; Keller, A. A.; Qin, Y.; Bian, Y.; Tang, K.; Qu, X.; Ji, R.; Zhao, L., Single Particle ICP-MS and GC-MS Provide New Insight into the Forming Mechanisms for AgNPs Green Synthesis. New J. Chem. 2019, inpress. DOI: 10.1039/C8NJ06291A.(co-first author).
13. Huang, Y.; Zhao, L.;Keller, A. A., Application of Metabolomics to Discover the Implications of Nanomaterials for Crop Plants. Book Chapter. Nanoscale Engineering in Agricultural Management2019. CRC Press of Taylor & Francis Group,accepted.
2016 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Abroad
Postdoctoral Researcher Position
Two postdoctoral researcher positions are currently open. The ideal candidate should have expertise in one or more the following fields:
Environmental and agricultural nanotechnology (applications and / or implications); water chemistry; environmental remediation (water and / or soil); and materials.
Interested applicants please email a CV and research statement to email@example.com.
Graduate Student Position
Applications are encouraged from students with an excellent educational background in environmental engineering and science, chemical engineering, materials or chemistry. Interested applicants please contact firstname.lastname@example.org about future openings.