Ph.D. in Chemical Technology (New Carbon Materials,1994-1999), Institute of Coal Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
BEng in Polymer Chemical Engineering (1990-1994), Tianjin University, China.
Novel carbon materials, from porous carbons, tubular carbons to sheet-like graphenes with their applications in energy storage and environmental protection, including lithium-ion batteries, supercapacitors, lithium-sulfur batteries and li-air batteries.
MAIN HONORS AND AWARDS
· The Natural Science Award of Tianjin (1st class), Tianjin, China, 2013
· The Science and Technology Progress Award of Tianjin (1st class), Tianjin, China, 2012
· New Century Excellent Talents in University, Ministry of Education, China, 2007.
· The Brian Kelly Award (2004), the British Carbon Group, 2004.
· JSPS fellowship (2003-2005), Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, 2003.
· Editorial board members for 9 journals:
-Carbon (Elsevier, 2011~)
-Energy Storage Materials (Elsevier, 2015~)
-Science China Materials (Springer,2014~)
-Materials Research Express (IOP, 2014~)
-New Carbon Materials (Elsevier, 2010~)
-Transactions of Tianjin University (2010~)
-Carbon Technology (in Chinese, 2005~)
-Plating & Finishing (in Chinese, 2008~)
-Carbon (in Chinese, 2012~)
· Guest Editors for three special issues:
-2D Materials (IOP, 2014)
-New Carbon Materials (Elsevier, 2014)
-New Carbon Materials (Elsevier, 2011).
· Referee services for over 20 journals (over 300 manuscripts) including: Nature Communications, PNAS, JACS, Advanced Materials, ACS Nano, Energy & Environmental Science, Advanced Energy Materials, Nano Energy, Advanced Functional Materials, Carbon, Chemical Communications, Journal of Materials Chemistry, and etc.
· Referee services for over 30 doctoral theses from different countries.
· Referee services for over 100 research funding proposals including some from Hong Kong.
BRIEF PROFILE FOR RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
Research Focuses：Functional carbon materials with their applications in energy storage and environmental protection.
Publications and citations：His research contributes to over 110 peer-reviewed papers with a citation over 3000 times. These paper were published on Nature Chemistry, Advanced Materials, Journal of the American Chemical Society, Energy & Environmental Science, ACS Nano, Nano Letters, Advanced Energy Materials, Advanced Functional Materials, Nano Energy, Scientific Reports, Chemical Communications, Nanoscale, Journal of Materials Chemistry, Carbon, etc.
Invited talks: >30 invited/keynote talks since 2008 at academic institutions and research conferences.
Patents: Granted Chinese patents over 20 and other 10 in review process; Two US, one Japan and one EU patents are in review process.