9/1987-6/1991: Ph.D., Tsinghua University
9/1984-6/1987: M.S., East China University of Science & Technology
9/1980-6/1984: B.S., Hebei University of Science & Technology
PREVIOUS ACADEMIC POSITIONS HELD
1/2009-now: Professor, Research Center for Environmental Engineering and Management, Graduate School at Shenzhen, Tsinghua University
12/2003-12/2008: Professor, Director, Research Center for Environmental Engineering and Management, Graduate School at Shenzhen Director, Cleaner Production Laboratory of Shenzhen City
6/2001-12/2003: Director, Associate Prof., Research Center for Environmental Engineering and Management, Graduate School at Shenzhen, Tsinghua University
4/1999-12/2003: Associate Professor, Dept. of Environ. Sci. & Eng., Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
10/1998-3/1999: Senior Research Associate of EPA’ Lab, awarded by the National Research Council, Ada, Oklahoma, USA.
4/1998-9/1998: Associate Professor, Dept. of Environ. Sci. & Eng., Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
11/1995-3/1998: Post-doctoral fellow, Dept. of Chemical Eng., Univ. of Missouri-Columbia, Columbia, Missouri, USA.
4/1995-10/1995: Visiting scholar, Dept. of Civil & Environmental Eng., Florida International University, Miami, Florida, USA.
12/1993-3//1995: Associate Professor, Dept. of Environ. Sci. & Eng., Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
8/1991-3/1995: Lecturer, Dept. of Environ. Sci. & Eng., Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
PRESENT ACADEMIC POSITIONS
2003-present: Professor, Graduate School at Shenzhen, Tsinghua University
2013-present: Director, Eco-industry & Environment Analysis Center
2014-present: Core-PI, Tsinghua-UC Berkeley Shenzhen Institute
2015-present: Director, Tsinghua-Kangda Institute of Environmental Nano- Engineering & Technology
(1) Membrane and Nano-technology
Configuration of nanoreactors within ceramic and carbon membranes.
Kinetics of oxidation process within nanoreactors on the basis of reactive membranes including ceramic and carbon membranes.
Integrated treatment processes based on ceramic and carbon membrane modules for the treatment of micro-polluted drinking water, heavy-metal-containing wastewater, toxic–organics wastewater and reclaimed water.
(2) Restoration of polluted rivers and lakes
Quick deletion theory and technology for odor matters removal from heavy polluted rivers and lakes
In-situ remediation theory and technology for heavily contaminated sediment in rivers and lakes
Early-warning theory and technology for restoration of rivers and lakes
In-situ control theory and technology of algal blooming in lakes.
Reconstruction of ecological vegetation belts in deal with nonpoint pollution source.
1. Dequan Wei, Yi Tao, Zhenghua Zhang, Lingjing Liu, Xihui Zhang. Effect of in-situ zonation on ceramic UF membrane fouling mitigation in algal-rich water treatment. J of Membrane Sci, 2015, 498, 116-124
2. Zhuo Wang, Xihui Zhang, YongHuang, Hui Wang. Comprehensive evaluation of pharmaceuticals and personal care products (PPCPs) in typical highly urbanized regions across China. Environmental Pollution, 2015, 204, 223-232
3. Fan, Xiaojiang; Tao, Yi; Wei, Dequan; Zhang, Xihui. Removal of organic matter and disinfection by-products precursors in a hybrid process combining ozonation with ceramic membrane ultrafiltration. Frontiers of Environ Sci & Eng, 2015, 9(1), 112-120
4. Fan XJ, Tao Y, XH Zhang, et al. Performance of an integrated process combing ozonation with ceramic membrane ultra-filtration for advanced treatment of drinking water. Desalination, 2014, 335(1), 47-54
5. Fan XJ, XH Zhang. Characteristics of ozone decomposition inside ceramic membrane pores as nano-reactors. Water Science and Technology: Water Supply, 2014, 14(3), 421-428
6. Zhu J, Fan XJ, XH Zhang, et al. Study on an integrated process combining ozonation with ceramic ultra-filtration for decentralized supply of drinking water. J. Environ. Sci. & Health, Part A, 2014, 49(11), 1296-1303
7. Lei Chen, Lingyun Wang, Shujuan Liu, Xihui Zhang. Profiling of microbial community during in situ remediation of volatile sulfide compounds in river sediment with nitrate by high throughput sequencing. International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation, 2013, 429-437
8. JN Guo, LY Wang, J Zhu, JG Zhang, DY Sheng, XH Zhang. Highly integrated hybrid process with ultrafiltration ceramic membrane for advanced treatment of drinking water: a pilot study. Journal of Environmental Science & Health, Part A, 2013, 48(11): 1413-1419
9. Xihui Zhang, Jianning Guo, Lingyun Wang, Jiangyong Hu, Jia Zhu. In situ ozonation to control ceramic membrane fouling in drinking water treatment. Desalination, 2013, 328, 1-7
10.Yi Tao, Xianzhong Mao, Jiangyong Hu, Xihui Zhang. Mechanisms of photosynthetic inactivation on growth suppression of Microcystis aeruginosa under UV-C stress. Chemosphere, 2013, 93(4), 637-644
1. National Science Foundation
2. State Environmental Protection Agency
3. State Ministry of Science and Technology
4. State Ministry of Education
5. State Ministry of Construction
6. China-Japan Research Center for Water Pollution Control & Reuse.
7. Beijing Municipal Administration Bureau
8. Editorial member: Journal of Environmental Science & Health, Part A (published by Marcel Dekker in New York).
9. Peer project reviewer for RITE, Japan
10. Expert of European-Asian Water Net Platform